UNLIMITED SUBSCRIPTION SERIES: Taiji Qigong with Gurney Bolster – February 2021
About the class:
Nurture your body, quiet your mind, and enhance your innate capacity for healing and happiness. You will learn to follow your breath, engage your whole body, and focus your attention on the flow of life within you and around you. The soothing rhythms and spiraling patterns will guide you home within yourself where you will find balance and resilience, clarity, serenity and joy.
Rooted in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Taoist philosophy and martial arts, Tai Chi (Taiji) and Qigong integrate body, mind and spirit, relieving tension, and teaching you to move more harmoniously through life.
Playful yet profound, calming yet invigorating, let this journey with Gurney be a bright spot in your day. Enjoy the structure and accessibility of regularly scheduled guided practice. Attend as often as you can and feel the many benefits of active stillness and gentle, mindful movement.
- Class Schedule: Monday – Saturday mornings @ 9:30am – 10:30am ET and Wednesday evenings @ 6:30pm – 7:30pm ET
- Class Length: 60 minutes
- Class Level: All levels welcome. Classes are done standing yet all exercises can be adapted to sitting. Modifications will be shown.
- Ease/Intensity: Gentle – rhythmic flowing motion and stillness
- Props: No props needed. A chair can be used to assist balance or to rest or to practice while sitting.
- Attire: Comfortable clothing and flat, flexible shoes or bare feet.
Two Subscription Options: Set your own schedule
- Option 1: $50 per month, up to 12 classes/month.
- Option 2: $75 per month, Unlimited attendance each month.
Feel free to email Gurney here.
What students say:
- I am moving more often since the class is so convenient. The personal interaction with Gurney and the group is priceless.
- Having a regular dose of tai chi qigong with these morning sessions has made a big difference in my attitude and strength. It has given me stability and something to look forward to every morning. It has helped me deal with my fears and keep the positive energy in me.
- These classes have made an amazing difference in my life. Gurney’s ability to explain the specifics of movement and how this affects our bodies is extraordinary. I feel fortunate to have found her.
- I love the movements and the variations that come with each class. It keeps me sane and limber and takes me to a calm place that nothing else can do.
- I have long waited to give tai chi another try. It is not learned quickly, which can be galling at times. If you’re lucky enough to have a teacher as accomplished, kind, witty and supportive as Gurney Bolster, it becomes the addictive journey it’s supposed to be–strengthening body and mind and becoming ever more fun as you go along.
- Gurney’s understanding way is always present. She is accommodating when it’s needed. She encourages me, she brings joy to me, she is trusting and accepting.
About your teacher:
Gurney Bolster has approached life through the lens of movement and dance as a way of finding balance, authenticity, resilience and healing. Her Tai Chi Qigong journey began in 1978 with Lee Shiu Pak, which she complimented with Western approaches to Sensory-Motor Integration over decades of additional study. She holds certifications in Body-Mind Centering and Laban Movement Analysis as well as a master’s degree in Dance-Movement Therapy. She is a Senior Trainer for Dr. Paul Lam’s Tai Chi for Health Institute in addition to studying with Yang Yang, PhD, Center for Taiji and Qigong Studies; David-Dorian Ross, TaijiFit; and Daisy Lee, Radiant Lotus Women’s Qigong.
While living in Canada Gurney taught in the Contemporary Dance Department of the Université du Québec å Montréal for 18 years. She has worked with people of all ages, from toddlers to elders, abilities and goals. Now living in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Gurney founded Tai Chi for Health Pittsburgh in 2012. Following the embodied wisdom of Tai Chi Qigong, she continues to learn and enjoy sharing this path of health and harmony.
Learn more about Gurney here.